Speciality Doctor in Haematology/Oncology
Are you a specialist Oncology/Haematology Doctor? Are you passionate and have a desire for best practice? Do you have an interest in training, mentoring and supervising junior Doctors? I have an excellent opportunity for you.
I am looking for a Specialist Doctor who will be a ward based clinical expert, a ?go-to` person for Consultants and Specialist nurses to support and strengthen the medical team. Responsible for ensuring the junior employed doctors are delivering high quality care at all times.
You will be based at a dedicated private unit which offers expert care for patients with cancer and blood disorders. You will be joining a team of experienced doctors and nurses who pride themselves on giving the highest quality of personalised care, at all stages of treatment to their patients.
Salary: up to £84,000 per annum
Shift Pattern: Monday - Friday (Days only)
Excellent Reward Package
- Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Annual Salary Review
- 247.5hrs holiday each year and will cover the cost of your indemnity. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
This role will come with some management responsibility of junior doctors. Also:
- Providing professional leadership, assume continuing responsibility for the clinical service and provide clinical expertise in the daily running of the unit and clinical care delivered to all patients.
- Responsible clinically to the patients named Consultant
- Performing clinical procedures such as bone marrow aspirate and trephine and the administration of Intrathecal chemotherapy.
- Prescribing chemotherapy as per relevant clinical protocol.
- Ensuring all adult patients, are reviewed daily and that all reviews are documented in the patient`s medical records.
- Co-ordinating the junior medical team to ensure continuity in patient care to enhance patient experience.
- Line managing junior doctors providing pastoral support and recording and approving any leave; sickness, study and annual leave ensuring safe levels of cover on the unit at all times.
- Ensuring each junior doctor has a yearly appraisal with the Responsible Officer of HCA and agree individual professional development plans.
- Leading on the supervision and training of the junior doctors on the unit.
- Implementing and managing key clinical training competencies with the trainees ensuring each trainee has an educational portfolio.
- Promoting and leading on relevant research projects on the unit. Publication of case reports in peer review journals is encouraged under the supervision of the Medical Director.
Skills & Experience
- Full and specialist registration with the General Medical Council (GMC).
- MRCP or equivalent qualification.
- Evidence of thorough and broad training and experience in haematology.
- Experience of supervising and teaching trainee physicians.
- Passionate about Haematology and Oncology Services, able to consistently strive for excellence through audit and research.
- Role Model, able to lead a team through effective communication skills and influencing teaching skills.
If you are interested and have relevant experience for this role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org