Apply to these jobs
26 Mar 2020
£79,860 - £107,668 per hour
Consultant Acute Medicine
Hours: 10 PA’s
Salary: £79, 860 - £107, 668 per annum depending upon skills and experience
This is a great opportunity to join a University Hospital Trust in the Midlands. Each year they care for over two million people who attend for emergency treatment, planned operations and medical care.
They are a teaching hospital and have a patient-centred clinical research facility providing state-of-the-art facilities. The new £370m hospital became fully operational in 2015 and employ more than 11,000 staff.
From the 2 hospitals, a full range of general acute hospital services for approximately 700,000 people living in and around the midlands and beyond. The Trust also provides specialised services, such as Trauma, for three million people in a wider area, including neighbouring counties and North Wales.
Your role is to provide clinical leadership in acute medical patient care developing the interface between Acute and Emergency Medicine. You will be part of a dedicated team of Acute Physicians providing Consultant cover for our dynamic and well supported departments at the hospital.
You will be part of a dedicated team of Acute Physicians providing Consultant cover for a dynamic and well supported 46 bed AMU with a projected 12-hour length of stay and a 25 bed Short Stay Ward (SSU).
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To provide cover for the Acute Medical Unit (AMU), Short Stay Unit (SSU), the Ambulatory Emergency Centre (AEC) and the Acute Medical Rapid Assessment service with 8.0 PAs per week on a flexible basis. This includes 1.5 PA’s dedicated Clinical Administration time. One additional DCC PA could be taken up as an optional PA but only with the full agreement of the candidate.
- In conjunction with Consultant colleagues to provide Clinical Leadership in Acute Medicine when the Consultant is on duty.
- Provision of a senior clinical opinion on patients – for example an urgent medical opinion on critically ill patients at the request of junior medical staff or Nurse Practitioners.
- Clinical supervision of junior medical staff based in all Acute Medicine areas
- Speciality triage of patients and safe discharge of patients when appropriate.
- Assisting the medical team of the day with invasive procedures and supervision of junior medical staff in such procedures, however, experienced Specialist Registrars will more usually be responsible for these procedures.
- Providing telephone advice to General Practitioners regarding patient management when there is no clear need for admission and facilitating the use of more appropriate services
Skills & Experience:
Why work in the NHS?
• The National Health Service (NHS) is one of the largest employers in the world, and is the biggest in Europe, with over 1.3 million staff.
• The NHS offers a huge range of exciting and challenging opportunities for people who are passionate about making a difference. With more than 300 different careers on offer, there is a job for you no matter what your interests, skills or qualifications.
• No matter what area of the NHS you join, you will become part of a talented, passionate team of people committed to providing the best care and treatment to patients. You will also enjoy one of the most competitive and flexible benefits packages offered by any employer in the UK
• Helping you find the right work-life balance
• The NHS recognises the importance of a healthy balance between work and life- reducing stress, increasing motivation, and improving productivity among staff
MSI International specialises in matching private and public hospital and clinics across the United Kingdom with the very best international candidates.
We don’t stop when we’ve found you the right role. We can provide help with local medical registration, GMC revalidation, visa applications, health screening, arranging accommodation, finding the perfect school, and opening bank accounts – anything that will help you and your family settle into life in a different culture.
For more information on MSI International’s services, please visit https://www.msigroupltd.com/candidates/overseas-candidates/169/
To find out more about the role, please call us on +44(0)203 862 0349, email firstname.lastname@example.org or click the apply button and we’ll get back to you.