Emergency Medicine Senior Clinical Fellow with CESR training
1st stage interview: 18th October via SKYPE
2nd Stage interviews: 28th October in DUBAI & 30th October in Mumbai
- The hospital site opened over 10 yrs ago with 6,000 staff on both the hospitals and community sites, making them the biggest employer in South East London.
- The ED is among the busiest in the area, seeing in excess of 150,000 new patients annually. The workload provides an opportunity to see a variety of acute medical and surgical problems.
- The hospital provides services for Coronary Care, Intensive Care & High Dependency, Maternity and Special Care Baby Unit, Paediatrics, Surgery, Internal Medicine, Mental Health, Oncology, and out-patient services. These are supported by a full range of clinical & support departments such as radiology, including MRI on site, & pathology.
- The ED has under its management an active Clinical Decision Unit (CDU). This is a 12 bedded unit adjacent to the department and made up of 5 male and 5 female bays as well as 2 side rooms. There are also 6 comfortable recliner chairs for lower acuity, self-caring patients or patients requiring minimal assistance and care awaiting for example, the results of investigations, completion of treatments or transport.
- The post for Emergency Medicine Senior Clinical Fellow with a CESR rotational programme.
- Secondments available include Anaesthesia, ICM, Acute Medicine, Paediatric Emergency Medicine and we are exploring the possibility to have a secondment at our local major trauma centre. The remaining nine months of the year will be working in our adult emergency department. The department is well renowned for its training & support. We operate weekly teaching sessions with an Academic Day built within the Rota, simulation MDT training (with in-situ component),FRCEM mock OSCE & SAQ practice by our FRCEM examiners & supervised US training.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in the provision of a safe, effective & efficient Emergency Medicine Service.
- Be actively involved in audit & quality issues & to support the Trust’s Clinical Governance programme & continuing professional development responsibilities for which time is allocated in the job plan.
- Participate in the Directorate's clinical meetings.
- Contribute to the ED shop floor cover.
- Participate in the professional supervision, management, support & teaching of Emergency Department Trainees.
Skills & Experience:
- MRCEM postgraduate qualification
- Registered with the GMC & current licence to practice.
- Post holder must hold current ALS or ATLS certificate
- Completed at least 3 years full time postgraduate training in ED
- Good inter-personal skills with an ability to work co-operatively in a multidisciplinary setting
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment & on own initiative
Why work in the NHS?
- The National Health Service (NHS) is one of the largest employers in the world & is the biggest in Europe, with over 1.3 million staff.
- The NHS offers a huge range of exciting & challenging opportunities for people who are passionate about making a difference. With more than 300 different careers on offer, there is a job for you no matter what your interests, skills or qualifications.
- No matter what area of the NHS you join, you will become part of a talented, passionate team of people committed to providing the best care and treatment to patients. You will also enjoy one of the most competitive and flexible benefits packages offered by any employer in the UK
- Helping you find the right work-life balance
- The NHS recognises the importance of a healthy balance between work and life- reducing stress, increasing motivation, and improving productivity among staff
MSI International specialises in matching private and public hospital and clinics across the United Kingdom with the very best international candidates.
We don’t stop when we’ve found you the right role. We can provide help with local medical registration,GMC revalidation,visa applications,health screening,arranging accommodation,finding the perfect school & opening bank accounts – anything that will help you and your family settle into life in a different culture.
For more information on MSI International’s services,please visit https://www.msigroupltd.com/candidates/overseas-candidates/169/
To find out more about the role, please call us on +44(0)203 862 0349,email email@example.com or click the apply button & we’ll get back to you.