Apply to these jobs
13 Aug 2019
Emergency Medicine Senior Clinical Fellow with CESR training
Location: South East London
Salary: Depends upon skills and experience
The hospital site opened over 10 years ago. Although this is still new, rising demand meant that they are redeveloping the department at present to expand it by 30%. The Trust employs more than 6,000 staff on both the hospitals and community sites, making them the biggest employer in South East London.
The Emergency Department is among the busiest in the area, seeing in excess of 150,000 new patients annually. The workload provides an opportunity to see a wide variety of acute medical and surgical problems. In general, the local population is young and almost one third of new patients are children.
As well as Emergency Medicine, the hospital provides services for Coronary Care, Intensive Care & High Dependency, Maternity and Special Care Baby Unit, Paediatrics, Surgery, Internal Medicine, Mental Health, Oncology, and out-patient services. These are supported by a full range of clinical and support departments such as radiology, including MRI on site, and pathology.
The Emergency Department has under its management an active Clinical Decision Unit (CDU). This is a 12 bedded unit adjacent to the department and made up of 5 male and 5 female bays as well as 2 side rooms. There are also 6 comfortable recliner chairs for lower acuity, self-caring patients or patients requiring minimal assistance and care awaiting for example, the results of investigations, completion of treatments or transport.
The post for Emergency Medicine Senior Clinical Fellow with a CESR rotational programme.
The post is intended to provide the clinician with the support and training required to successfully complete all aspects of the CESR process. It will be possible to provide specific three month secondment-style modules to address relevant educational and competency needs.
Secondments available include Anaesthesia, ICM, Acute Medicine, Paediatric Emergency Medicine and we are exploring the possibility to have a secondment at our local major trauma centre. The remaining nine months of the year will be working in our adult emergency department. The department is well renowned for its training and support. We operate weekly teaching sessions with an Academic Day built within the Rota, simulation MDT training (with in-situ component) , FRCEM mock OSCE and SAQ practice by our FRCEM examiners and supervised US training.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Skills & Experience:
Why work in the NHS?
• The National Health Service (NHS) is one of the largest employers in the world, and is the biggest in Europe, with over 1.3 million staff.
• The NHS offers a huge range of exciting and challenging opportunities for people who are passionate about making a difference. With more than 300 different careers on offer, there is a job for you no matter what your interests, skills or qualifications.
• No matter what area of the NHS you join, you will become part of a talented, passionate team of people committed to providing the best care and treatment to patients. You will also enjoy one of the most competitive and flexible benefits packages offered by any employer in the UK
• Helping you find the right work-life balance
• The NHS recognises the importance of a healthy balance between work and life- reducing stress, increasing motivation, and improving productivity among staff
MSI International specialises in matching private and public hospital and clinics across the United Kingdom with the very best international candidates.
We don’t stop when we’ve found you the right role. We can provide help with local medical registration, GMC revalidation, visa applications, health screening, arranging accommodation, finding the perfect school, and opening bank accounts – anything that will help you and your family settle into life in a different culture.
For more information on MSI International’s services, please visit https://www.msigroupltd.com/candidates/overseas-candidates/169/
To find out more about the role, please call us on +44(0)203 862 0349, email firstname.lastname@example.org or click the apply button and we’ll get back to you.